Sunday, January 13, 2013

Peace and Comfort


This week was fun. I'm not sure what to say, but that the people in the email from last week... Gus, the first one, has set a baptismal date and he is working to stop smoking so he can make that date. He is awesome, but he is in the Philippines for 2 weeks because it's his daughter's birthday. It's great for him but it means we don't get to see him for a while. But he is doing great.

Katrina, the girl I wrote about last week, dropped us. She told us that she wanted to stick with her original church, and she'd already discussed with the leaders that she realized she needs to be baptized so they're going to do her baptism in their church. She became hardened toward us. I don't want to go too much into it, but that is the most exquisite pain I have ever known. I know it's not the end of the story, I know I did all I could. But it feels like a knife in my heart. When these things happen, it still hurts every single time. I love her and desire her salvation. But I know that the experiences we had with her were exactly what God wanted for her at this point in her life. I find peace and comfort in that. I did all that was within my power.

It's been an otherwise good week. Some new investigators are coming out of the woodwork, and we have a new energy in our companionship because Sister Crichton is with us :) She is Samoan and way cool. I'm excited to be with her. 

I love this work. There is no work that has affected me more from the inside out. I am converted to the Gospel more every day, as I study it and apply the principles in my life. I am grateful for the chance to boldly declare this Gospel to everyone I meet here, that they might partake of eternal life.

Sister Gopinath

No comments:

Post a Comment