Sunday, November 4, 2012

Perhaps This Was the Reason


This week, there were transfers again. Sister Song (my 2nd companion, in KK) is going home tomorrow and I will get to see her because I am serving here in Singapore, where she is from. :) I'm excited to see her. Sister Noorda, Sister Song's current companion, will be training a new missionary who is from Singapore, and has her call to go to Utah, but her American visa hasn't come in yet. So although she has not been to the MTC, she will be trained in KL by Sister Noorda! I am excited to "be a grandmother" and feel proud for the trust God has in Sister Noorda. I knew she would train early in her mission.

The transfer that affected me and Sister Ballantyne is that our Zone Leaders are taking over the Singapore 1st Ward--the ex-patriot American/European and Indian ward. I cried a little bit when I found that out because I wasn't expecting it, because I don't get to teach Liam and I don't get to teach Jairam his recent convert lessons. It is sad. But the Elders that are replacing us (Elders Steadman and Tice) were in the MTC with me and are very, very good Elders. I feel peace and trust that they will take care of everything. (All missionaries should be like that!)

And, it's great that we will get to focus solely on the Third Ward. Yeah Filipinos! I really feel blessed to be in the Third Ward. Yesterday at church, a guy from the Philippines wandered in to the church and went to Priesthood (he got there late) and absolutely loved it. He was looking for a different church, but saw ours first and decided to come in. We were talking to him and he said he is looking for deeper meaning in his life, and to understand the purpose of his life here. He said he wasn't sure why he came to Singapore a month ago, but said that perhaps "this" was the reason. He wanted to sit down and discuss right then, but we had a different appointment. We are meeting him tonight with newly-baptized Brother Jess. So exciting! He seems really prepared. His name is Carlos.

Also, something awesome about Julius! He said the closing prayer in Gospel Principles yesterday, and (I love his prayers--they are so sincere) he thanked God for loving us enough to send us prophets and giving us a chance to be in His church. It's so cool. He has a testimony of the Restoration! I love it. Julius's testimony was greatly strengthened by General Conference--that was a turning point for him. I think it is so cool. We are all excited (the ward included) for his baptism.

Jairam was interviewed for the Aaronic priesthood and passed! :) I will miss him.

Jesse bore his testimony in church yesterday for the first time! After church I texted him and thanked him for doing that, and he responded, "Thanks, I really wanted to share my testimony today. my faith has been strengthened a lot. I am grateful to be a member of this church." SO CUTE! I love new members!!! (Especially ones that I got to teach before baptism :)

I have been reading "The Infinite Atonement" lately. And it is AMAZING. It's SO important for us to always be learning about the Gospel--especially the Atonement--so we remember it is real, and that we feel it is in reach for us. It expands our vision and gives us strength to live the Gospel.

Sister Gopinath




No comments:

Post a Comment